"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Looks Over (Gives Light, #2) GLBT-YA

Looks Over (Gives Light, #2)Looks Over by Rose Christo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The series just keeps getting better. This follow up to Gives Light just blew me away; it was both heart warming and truly heart wrenching at times. I was by turns smiling, crying, laughing and plain angry at the injustices done against these people and their children. How the government just carelessly tears these families apart with little regard to their rights and their pain is just beyond whatever words I can think of. It's a learning experience every time a read one of this books, and I find myself just overwhelmed with emotion while reading and experiencing it through Sky's perspective. His relationship with Rafael is maturing and growing into something so beautifully sweet it just fills my heart with happiness. I simply adore Rafael and Sky, but the rest of these characters touch me just as deeply; their failures and triumphs, their pain and happiness, their love and warmth and so I can't wait to read what's in store for all of them.

View all my reviews

No comments: