"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Whiskey & Wry, Sinners #2 (GLBT)

Whiskey and Wry (Sinners, #2)Whiskey and Wry by Rhys Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, Rhys Ford did not just do this to me! The ending, that ending was...was AAAAAARGH!! Now I'll be waiting on pins and needles and probably stalking her blog for any news about the next book. Okay so I would've done it anyway because I just completely ADORE this series, but I'm just going to go crazy with the waiting. Anyhoo, my attempt at a review.

Learning about Damien's life was beyond heartbreaking and so I felt this paramount happiness that he found Miki, that they found each other in that alley. These boys have gone through so much, watching their fighting will and indomitable spirit is awe inspiring. So I'll admit that what I really wanted to get to was the reunion between Damien and Miki; when it happened, I wanted to wallow in it until I was all pruny (actually read that scene like 3x >.<).

Sionn, heck Kane and the whole Morgan clan too just make me feel warm and safe. Knowing Damien was readily welcome to this boisterous and protective brood, just had me grinning like an idiot-which most likely creeped out the people at the laundromat. So it goes without saying that I thoroughly enjoyed the heck out of this story, Rhys Ford doesn't pull punches when it comes to peeling the layers of her characters. Their pain becomes your pain, but so do their joys, and their personal triumphs. She takes me to the darkest, most painful places yet I can't help but follow; but still, that ending, that was so not fair.

View all my reviews

No comments: