"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Monday, May 30, 2011

Infected: Bloodlines (review)

Infected: Bloodlines (Infected, #2)Infected: Bloodlines by Andrea Speed

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Whether books or films, I cry easily when it comes to tragi-dramas, or any sad story really; which is why I was giving this novel the run around. I knew I was most likely missing out on something wonderful b/c I love Andrea's writing, her extraordinary worlds, and particularly these characters.



Finally gathering some courage, and a handful of Kleenex, I picked this up. From the beginning I felt like I was holding my breath, the waiting making me wish for the whole bandaid thing yet at the same time happy to enjoy Par a little longer. The case Roan works on-involving a friend of Max who goes missing, then turns up dead-while a little interesting felt anticlimactic at the end, but it felt sort of fitting somehow b/c it didn't overshadow the events that were transpiring in Roan's life-at least, that's my opinion (maybe I was just too focused on Roan and Paris).



It is a bittersweet story; and while it was painful and sad, I understood Paris' decision. His worry for Roan, was just heartbreaking. He is such a an exceptional character and such a part of Roan it will feel strange to have one w/o the other; but of course, Paris being Paris, he will find a way to make his presence known.



So-after all the tears and the drama-I'm glad I read this great follow-up to Infected: Prey.





View all my reviews

No comments: