"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dark Horse [Dark Horse, #1] (review)

Dark Horse (Dark Horse, #1)Dark Horse by Kate Sherwood

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a story of a man trying to cope with the loss of a great love, and finding the strength to let go. Dan is not looking for anyone new, he works with horses and he is content with that. Then two men stride into his life and suddenly he is offered a second chance at happiness.



I loved this story and especially Dan, he just pulled so many emotions out of me-he is a character that will stay with me for a long time that's for sure.



What I liked about this novel in particular is that he is not thrown straight into bed w/Evan & Jeff and the usual happily ever after that follows. There's the emotional struggles that Dan and the other two men have to go through before coming to terms with this new attraction.



There's tension, sexual and otherwise. Tumultuous emotions rattle this men, and you wonder what's in store for them, and whether it will work out or not in the end.



A beautiful and emotionally gripping novel. I'm very much looking forward to reading their continuing story in Out of the Darkness.





View all my reviews

No comments: