"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lorcan's Desire [A Whispering Pines Ranch Novel, #1] (review)

Lorcan's Desire (A Whispering Pines Ranch Novel, #1)Lorcan's Desire by S.J.D. Peterson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This series has a great start; with a set of strong characters and an emotionally packed storyline. While I was surprised at what happens w/the MCs, I think it actually works out well. It wasn't an HEA and maybe not even HFN b/c I think Lorcan's and Quinn's feelings were not tied in a perfect bow; even though the choices, Lorcan's anyway, were settled, his feelings for Quinn weren't.



Lorcan's a great character, he's unpretentious and open with his emotions. Quinn on the other hand, knows who he is but prefers to hide it to keep his town's acceptance and approval, it's the hardest battle he fights within himself. He realizes too late that his decision will be the cause of pain and heartbreak, not just for himself but Lorcan as well. Jess by far, is my favorite character (along with Conner, he's just so wonderfully awesome!). I love the way he loves, and how easy going and truly kind he is-he just makes me want to cuddle him. His openness and devotion to Lorcan was just beautiful.



For me this was a story of Lorcan's discovery and learning; he discovers the truth about himself, but he also learns that loving someone sometimes isn't about what your heart wants, but what it needs. Now I can't wait to read what lessons are in store for Quinn.



View all my reviews

No comments: