"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Friday, July 26, 2013

Black Dog Blues (Kai Gracen, #1) GLBT

Black Dog Blues (Kai Gracen, #1)Black Dog Blues by Rhys Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5

I could've given this a full five star rating because actually this first book in the series really is quite good-then again it's Rhys Ford and what can I say I really enjoy her stories-but, there were minor errors that made this a little of a bumpy ride for me.

Driving along, the excitement of a new beginning for Ryder and Kai definitely revved me up; they're push/pull relationship added that spark to this exciting tale, that's not counting the other characters who seem to be so attracted to Kai.

Then the scenery changes; like driving through open fields at night, the terrifying monster that's at the center of all of Kai's nightmares is out there just waiting to devour him whole. But this road is not a total dead end, and if there's something Kai knows, it's just how to handle treacherous roads.

Gritty, action packed, and dark at times this story kept me engaged the whole way. Kai's fear is a palpable thing and almost crippling, so I admired his strength and his personal stand against the people that hurt (and this seems like such a trivial word) him. Definitely an awesome ride and I'm looking forward to another trip.

View all my reviews

No comments: