"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Friday, July 26, 2013

Priceless-Rylee Adamson #1 (Urban Fantasy)

Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)Priceless by Shannon Mayer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5

It's been awhile since I've actually been able to get into an urban fantasy novel-I keep on buying the continuing volumes on the series I still find of interest but yet can't get around to reading them. It was kind of normal for me that when I got this in my rec. queue in amazon-at a great price of .99¢-I went ahead and bought it; can't seem to rid myself of the habit even if I just KNOW that it'll stay unread on my ever growing list of books. Color me surprised when I gave it a try and actually managed to stay interested enough in the story and the characters (my favorite is Alex-the werewolf w/the personality of a golden retriever-no Alpha here folks, yet I loved him for that same reason. And then there's Doran the daywalker, definitely want to know more about him.)

Because of her sister's strange disappearance and subsequent death, Rylee, a Tracker and an Immune, now uses her abilities to seek out and save any missing child no matter where they are whether in this world or the one hidden beyond the Veil. Armed with her blades, a loyal werewolf, and a stalking FBI agent intent on putting her in jail for murder, Rylee has her work cut out for her. That is if the Harpies, Alex's pack, or her attraction to said FBI agent don't do her in first. I'm glad I took the chance w/this, definitely had a good time reading it.

View all my reviews

No comments: