"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." — Louisa May Alcott

Friday, July 26, 2013

Tsuki to Yabanjin (Yaoi)

Tsuki to YabanjinTsuki to Yabanjin by Séra
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Prince Uriel known as the 'cursed prince' lives in exile with only the servants and his personal assistant Alvie, whose been his only companion since he was born. Because of the people's superstitions, and to cover the real events that happened regarding his parent's deaths, his only living sibling and current King had to send him away in order to protect him.

Several years later he heads to North Africa, to the Umu Ral desert in search of the city of Rowadis-a favorite legend he read about. It's here where he falls into the clutches of Aldgradurl Al Dura Seldira, the 'Umu Ral King', and the leader of the Seldira Clan after the members of his expedition break the agreement they had made in regards to any findings.

He heeds Alvie's warning and hides his true identity but still finds himself falling for Ald as they travel towards Ald's home. Yet he knows that no matter what his feelings are, he still has to return home or else Alvie's life might be at risk for taking him to Umu Ral in the first place.

I thoroughly love it when all the elements of a story come together and give me a moment of complete and utter enjoyment. Of course I could be biased in regards to this b/c I'm a sucker for a story in a desert setting. Whether it's a sheik, a bandit, or a nomad who takes captive his object of interest just makes me swoon. The plot had me hooked, and the detail and wonderful illustrations were just beautiful and enhanced this read for me. :D




View all my reviews

No comments: